CLASS D MONO AMPS buy ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS

CLASS D AMPLIFIER TECHNOLOGY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED TO OUTPERFORM ALL OTHER TOPOLOGIES 

The Amplifier is the New Class D Mono Amps using GaN Fets in a unique Patented
Circlotronic output stage…Design by Ralph Karsten of ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS 

Rated at 100 watts 8 ohms and 200 watts 4 ohms with low distortion across the full audio bandwidth with excellent noise characteristics 

I have been using ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS MA-1 3.0 with all factory upgrades along with NOS 6NS7 Input Tubes for many years 

The New ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D has outperformed my MA-1 3.0 in all areas…the resolution and transparency are simply an Amazing Accomplishment

Also I sold my MP-3 mk 3.0 and purchased the New MP-3 mk3.3

In my Audio opinion I believe the ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D MONO AMPS used with the MP-3 mk3.3 will offer one of the most transparent sounding electronics combinations to date…only using the MP-1 mk3.3 will offer more performance 

I have used other High End Amplifiers in my system and the ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D MONO AMPS outperformed all of them as well

Music Lover…Audiophile…Retired Audio/Video Engineer over 45 years 

Thanks for Reading 

TubeGuy 45

tubeguy45

Look at Merrill audio they started off reasonable .

now because they decided to use the latest in digital they go Waaay over 

priced by making a fancy cabinet at 10 x the mark up , a truly good engineeer 

Will offer Amps preamp $5-$10 k.  That shows skills  .

the vast majority of Audiophiles cannot even afford  $10k 

amplifiers never mind like Merrill $30k units .  Think on being practical it’s a hobby to enjoy not a mortgage !!

Not sure they even started off  "reasonable". There first product, based on the nc1200 by Hypex was around $10K as I recall. You can get a nc1200 based amp these days for less than $2000.

I don't believe Merrill has published much at all by way of measurements for the new $30,000 amp. I have no doubt the Purifi based amps, at around 1/30 the price perform at least as well if not better, but they don't come in a shiny case.

If you have had experience With Atma-Sphere Amplifiers and pre-amps (I have owned every single unit) you will know anything that comes out off Ralph Little Lab is going to sound bigger and better than anything else on the market at the same price level and few times more. Its hard to beat his stuff at his pricing level.

Iv had amplifiers and Pre-amps costing 2 or 3 Times more and i still went back to his gear.

His Design may well not be everyones cup of tea, that is obvious as he tends to lean to Retro looking stuff. However if it comes down to Pure Sonic well those who have experience in comparing Atma to uber level stuff will know!

Iv owned every Amplifier from Ralph Except the MA-3 which is not practical for my needs.

From S30, M60, MA-1, MA-1 and the Nirvana

I own his MP-3 and MP-1 and the UV1

I have no doubt about this New Class D tech his working on!

it should be a concern for all the rest of the companies that are in the Class D Segment. Some of those companies are charging silly prices for bling boxes.

Glad for your sharing of a happy 'find' experience.  Not sure if you're 'selling' or 'telling' though.

As one the members in your audience, there are some of who would prefer a 'live' performance over a recording. Price is the only measure surrounded by many superlatives. 

As one who prioritizes live performance over reproductions- the discretionary spending budget has different elasticity/inelasticity curves.  Compelling value proposition seems absent.  

Aren't reproductions nothing more than an aggregation of layers of artifacts?  

If the desired outcome is constrained to the conditioning of one's listening habits seems to there is a departure from fidelity of the original performance work to the recording/production engineers biases and preferences.    

Class D is about the needs for addressing increasing demand on our collective electrical supply. Not just quantity but, quality(s) and reliability, too.

The OTL certainly is one.

The GaNFET is certainly needed over the material limits of Si.  

Helper Circuits (e.g. Purifi/Hypex/Ghent..) are of materially benefitting, too.  

All these components require emerging test devices and measures to address integration.  Increasing needs for ever smaller precision approaching the smallest theoretical period of time. Only in 2014 we just deployed NIST F2 clock. On our way to Planck's length, or just 0.5 x 10-43 seconds.

Does the listening habits/training from live settings dissipating during audiences' quarantine & isolation? Is a consequence of performance-based fidelity displacing  the original performances work's lost if our venues are increasingly constrained to recording engineers biases and preferences?

Last then there is the TCO (total cost of ownership).  Is this approach really a sustainable business model?  Is blending Tubes & GaFNET, Helper Circuits & Class D just greater uncertainty (Heisenberg/Schrödinger)?

Class D is about the needs for addressing increasing demand on our collective electrical supply. Not just quantity but, quality(s) and reliability, too.

This statement appears false. Class D offers the possibility of using loop negative feedback in a way that was previously not possible due to stability concerns.

Legacy solid state and tube designs lack the Gain Bandwidth Product needed to support very high amounts of feedback. This causes the amplifier to have increasing distortion with frequency, resulting in harshness and brightness since the ear assigns tonality to distortion.

In addition the prior art has issues with phase margins in the design. Adding too much feedback can cause oscillation. For these reasons feedback has gotten a bad reputation with music lovers.

Class D offers a way around those problems.

Last then there is the TCO (total cost of ownership).  Is this approach really a sustainable business model?  Is blending Tubes & GaFNET, Helper Circuits & Class D just greater uncertainty (Heisenberg/Schrödinger)?

'Apparently.' for the first. Your so-called 'Helper circuits' are class D modules so do not warrant a separate classification; the Ghent stuff uses Icepower modules so isn't a thing.  So winnowing out that bit of confusion, the answer then becomes 'no'.