CJ MF2200 or Threshold CAS-2?

I have owned each of these amps and used one or the other in my main system for many years. Though I have enjoyed them both, the time has come to part with one of the two, so I would appreciate inputs from the group on which I should keep. The prices they would each fetch are NOT a concern, but rather which is best for my current listening. That said, I have also dabbled with the thought of selling both and going with something completely different. The counterpoint is that retirement and having a smaller listening space leave me with less interest in experimentation than in my younger years. In addition to the amps, here is my current set up: Supratek Chardonnay tube preamp (has built in phono stage), Golden Ear Triton 7 speakers. Sources: Michell Gyro TT w/ Rega arm and Zyx cartridge (90% of listening), Revox A-77 R2R, Cambridge Audio CD. Eye candy: Mac MI-3 

Anyone care to weigh in with an opinion?

jmarki

Showing 2 responses by russ69

I have owned each of these amps and used one or the other in my main system for many years.

It sounds like you should be telling us what you prefer but to answer your question... Have you thought about a nice integrated amp? 

which of the two would you choose if these were the only two options?

At low volumes I liked my Cj Solid state amp. They have a distinctive sound but mostly sound very nice and warm which is what I like.