CJ Equipment - Speaker Recommendations

Conrad Johnson folks:

I’m an owner of CJ’s premier 12 mono blocks and 16LS pre. Love the stuff. Problem is I’m struggling with finding the right speaker. Currently have Tannoy’s Turnberry SE’s. Love their look but think I can do better sound wise. I’m Considering moving up the Tannoy line to the Kensingtons (want to stay with that non-contemporary furniture piece look). Wife does not like a contemporary look..

Large listening area, prefer the likes of Diana Krall, Holly Cole, Melody Gardot, and classical and some classical rock. Like a sweet midrange and an overall warmth.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
rbschauman

Showing 1 response by zd542

Your 12's are very laid back. I think you need to keep that in mind when you are looking for a speaker. You could end up with too much of a good thing if you aren't careful. The first thing that comes to mind is Proac. They have a very musical but forward sound to them. Your 12's would probably balance them out very nicely. I would also check out DeVore and maybe Living Voice as well. Your 16 is great. Its a more neutral component and should work with just about anything.