Chord Cutest or Wadia 321

Has anyone here had a chance or spent some time with either of these DACs? I currently have the Chord Cutest and have the opportunity to trade for the Wadia 321 which I haven’t heard. The Wadia is an older DAC released in 2014 vs the Chord which I believe was released 2018. The Wadia does not support DSD. However, most of what I listen to is 24/192 or lower. I’m curious if the older Wadia might out perform the new Chord. Or, should I stick with the Chord? I am currently using Magnepan LRS Plus or Martin Logan CLS depending on the mood. Thank you for any input or advice.

I am using a Ifi Zen Stream to the Chord DAC using a Audioquest Diamond USB. 

rick_hilton

Showing 2 responses by jbuhl

The 321 sound is what you get when you know your way a around an ESS Sabre chip.

I have 2 Wadia 321. Been running in my system for years without a hitch.

On occasion I run the one in my main system directly to my amp as a pre amp/dac because i can use XLR. But I always fall back to using my tubed pre but have to use COAX as it does not support XLR. I often wonder what it would sound like with a Tubed Pre that support balanced connections.

Mcintosh group shelved Wadia but you can still get service from a company in CA. but I have never had an issue with either of mine.

I dont know if you got a manual?  But if you running it into an integrated or pre the manual indicates to set the volume at 88