Focal Electra 1038 be II
Pass labs X350.5
Pass labs Xp10 pre
Oppo BDP-105
PC computer

i'm not happy about the sound i'm getting
i'm not sure why.
maybe it's better to replace the PRE ?
maybe to get Apple computer to replace the PC?

for DAC i though about one of those:
Luxman DA-06 (Japan model cost $3000 but i don't know if it will work in the US? Japan using 100V
Meitner Audio MA-1 , found 6 month old.

or other models?

Thanks
pelo911

Showing 2 responses by zd542

Like others have said, we need to know what you don't like about your system. If you just want to try something, put a decent copper cable in between your amp and preamp. Its just a guess, but you may like what you hear.
"10-24-13: Pelo911
do you mean to replace the acoustic zen silver reference ii XLR interconnect with other cable?

it's hard for me to describe (bad English)

almost no Bass , no soundstage
sound not full, not extended at the ends, not warm

i listened at CES to Focal Diablo and 1038 like i have
and i love it so much."

The reason that I mentioned trying a different cable is that every time I put a silver cable between an amp and preamp, I don't like it. I've also come across a few people that have AZ cables and said the same thing. I just thought it wouldn't hurt to try a copper cable between your amp and preamp.

Given your last post, its probably not cables that are the cause of the problem. I agree with Audioengr in that it would probably be best to look at the source first. I know you are using the Oppo as a DAC. Do you have the same problem when you use your PC as a source and when you play disk's through the Oppo directly? Or does one sound OK and the other bad?