Choice between Wilson Audio Alexx or the Alexia V

Looking to possibly upgrade my speakers once again and I have a choice between an older Wilson Audio Alexx speaker (approximately 3 years old) in fantastic shape or the new Alexia V model. Both would be priced about the same. I am interested in receiving feedback from anyone who has had the listening experience comparing both speakers. My listening room can fit either speaker.

I would certainly appreciate a better understanding of the sound signatures between these two models.

Thank you 

andyhifiman

Showing 2 responses by carey1110

This is a tuff call. The latest technology that is in the Alexia V will be amazingly transparent giving such a since the realism . However the Alexx will have more scale but way more difficult to drive, not sure the Mac would be able to really handle it. So if you add subs to the Alexia V  I think you may have something that would surpass the Alexx. I own the Alexx V now. I went to purchase the the Alexx and when I got to my dealer he had the Alexx and the Alexx V side by side. The V technology advanced the speaker so much that I could no longer buy the Alexx. New tweeter, new caps and the V material . The Alexia V has similar technology as the Alexx V. I’d expect it would depend on the size of your room as well. What is your room size?

I believe the Alexx will have a warmer signature and the Alexia V more clarity. Also the Alexia V would be easier to move should you need to move up. The Alexx is dropping in value all the time. I’m sure both would produce great sound. Please let me know what you decide.