CEC Belt Drive CD Transports vs Jay's Audio CD Transports

Hello,

I currently have a new LTA Aero Dac on order.  I have a feeling that I will be soon be ordering a new CD Transport to go with the new Dac and am trying to narrow down the options.

I am strongly considering either the Jay's CDT2MK3/CDT3MK3; but would also like to hear more about the CEC TL5 and the CEC TL-2N belt drive transports.

I'm curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare CEC with the Jay's?

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences - whether they be good or bad before I decide to pull the trigger.

Thank you and best wishes to you all!

no_regrets

@bigkidz Thank you for your detailed reply!  I found that to be very helpful.

Best wishes,

Don

@chayro Oh, I understand now.  Thank you for the clarification.  I'm using a high purity oxygen free copper cable with WBT connectors by Mark Grant from the Naim CDS into my line stage.  All other cables throughout my system are by Acoustic Zen Absolute Copper Foils.including the digital cable connecting whichever cd transport I end up with to the new LTA Aero.

Yes, I am hoping the new LTA Aero will be a better match for my system too.

Thanks again and best wishes to you,

Don

I have been using a CEC TL5 for some time, and find it to be solid, and very well-designed. It sounds excellent in my system. Customer service is excellent (I swapped remotes). The fact that the belt can be replaced easily is also a big plus, in my view.

I am not typically a "skeptic" (e.g. I use good cables, etc.), but frankly have a difficult time understanding how two high-quality transports would "sound different".

@whipsaw - they sound different because of the design and parts used.

Understand that power supply is where most of the sound comes from.  If it can filter the noise of the AC, then you get a blacker background, faster transits, more detail, better control of soft to loud and loud to soft speed, etc.  Transformers is where most of this begins.  Then there are capacitors and resistors.  Read up on Audio Note non-magnetic ones and understand why they sound different.  Came goes for capacitors,  Why would V-Cap, Dueland, Milflex all sound different,  Ten you will begin to understand what makes sound.

Happy Listening.  

Bigkidz, I agree on you Cary 306 SACd  tube player. I used to have Sony 9000es tube sacd player , modified by Modwright. I love it. Gave up after 10yrs.I have 2 Raysonic tube cd players the 128 and 268..Iam using reflector tubes.They sound amazing.To upgrade Cary 306 including laser approximately how much Peter?