CD/SACD Players with volume control under 4K?

I am slowly aquiring more and more hybrid sacd's and sure would like to hear one. Is there a player with volume control that sounds good in both formats? This is for a 2 channel only system.
dolfan

Showing 2 responses by 711smilin

I am having Alex Peychev, of APL Hifi mod a Denom 3910 with digital volume control. I am absolutely positive the unit will be Fantastic. I already have his SACD 1000 with volume Control, and A/B the Exemplar 2900 to the 1000 using the Exemplar pre-amp. Later I listened to the 1000 with the pre hooked up, and without. I did this back and forth over a couple of days, with same 6 recording. Wow, I thought with the Pre, the 1000 sounded better, at first. I was wrong in the final analysis. The 1000 w/o the pre had more air between the notes, a little nore extension, both top and bottom, AND a bit deeper soundstage....Highly recommended
Sammie, the stock unit does not ahve a volume control, and yes, I have received the APL 3910, Exemplar 3910, Audio Aero Capitole II, and Musical fidelity Tri-Vista. The APL is the best diital I have ever HEARD, much les, owned.

Class A+, 10 out of 10. The Bomb.