CD player

I mainly stream music but do have a considerable jazz and classical music CD collection which I like to listen to on occasion. My CD player is a NAD C515bee. I run it through analog connection or as a transport vis Schiit Modi 3 DAC. To my ears I prefer NAD internal DAC which appears more open and dynamic but also harsh. I am considering getting a better CD player but would prefer to stay between $600 and $1000. I am looking at Rotel C11tribute, Marantz 6007CD or Audiolab CDT6000 which I would use with Schiit Modi 3 DAC. I am wondering if Schiit Modi 3 DAC is good enough to use with Audiolab and which of these three choices would provide best audio results? Rest of my system is Naim Nait 5si, ML 35XTI and ML Dynamo 800X speakers/sub. Thanks

xti35

Showing 1 response by deadhead1000

Just another option,  I had over 1,000 CDs and used a Bluesound to burn them into digital files and used it to “stream” my CD library. I would never go back to playing CDs, so I agree with ghdpentice for the most part. Using the Bluesound software is so much better then a CD player. So this way I didn’t lose my great CD collection. I have now moved up to a Aurender which also has a great streamer built in. So you get to play and manage all your CDs as easy as streaming and still get a better streamer. Some Aurenders even have great DACs built in or you can get one without a DAC. You can bypass the Bluesound DAC. 
Sorry for giving you yet another solution, but it worked out very well for me to not upgrade to a better CD player (I had a Rotel by the way which was a great sounding player).