CD Burners: Which one to buy?

i AM LOOKING FOR A CD BURNER TO BUY. ANYBODY GOT RECOMMENDATIONS?
agnes3
When it comes out the new Microsoft Windows XP operating system will have CD burn and record software built in. Maybe save up for new Multimedia computer instead.
Danvetc is right on, the Pioneer 739/839s are easy to use versatile CD burners-- you can program up to 3 CDs, hit copy and you have a compilation CD. Quick and easy, and high quality. Like Charlie, I can't tell the difference between originals and copies. Craig
Having owned a Pioineer and liked it, Ibought a "pro" moldel
Tascam CD-RW700 because it offers more freedom -- you're not restricted to "audio" CD-Rs and you can make digital copies to your heart's content. You can find these units in Guitar Centersand similar muisical instrument stores for
around $575. Expensive but worth it. It also has a "direct digital" mode and a timer function.
Remember to buy one that has a digital level control for recording so the songs recorded on your CD-R's will be at the same volume level when played back - most units have them but some particuarly earlier units do not.
Just talked to Stan Warren yesterday about my transport he's working on and during the conversation he mentioned the Pioneer CD recorders were good compared to more expensive ones,so I ordered a Pioneer 839 from Etronics for 297$ shipped,800-323-7669,good luck,Bob