Cary Audio CD 306 SACD player (non Pro version)

I purchased a used Cary CD 306 SACD player about 2 months ago. This is the one that was released right before the CD 306 SACD Pro version. My unit was manufactured in 2006. 
I have been enjoying the sonic quality and musicality of this machine and everything have been going smoothly with few minor quirks every once in a while but nothing major and does not affect playbacks or performance. 

Anyways, I've been playing CD & SACD discs with no issues except for this newly acquired Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SACD that I recently purchased. My Cary simply wouldn't read this particular SACD disc. It said "no disc" on the front panel display. I took it out of a disc tray and put in other SACD disc and the Cary was able to read and play it just fine. All other SACD & CD discs were played just fine except for this particular Wish You Were Here SACD disc. I found it pretty odd.

Anyone having the same issue or problem with this Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SACD with either the Cary CD 306 SACD player or any other CD/SACD players? Or does anyone know what seems to be the issue? 
Thanks in advance. 

dilatante

Showing 1 response by extremesounds100

Greetings. I know this is an older post, but I am hoping to connect with somebody in the know, for my Cary problem. I bought a Cary CD 306/200 player last year. It was non working, but I figured I'd take a shot. It would not play at all. So I took it in to my electronics shop, that does lots of good work for me, to have a look. The tech replaced the laser unit, and my Cary came to life. But, it seems it did not like my home made CD's, and even some standard Redbook cd's. I took it back to the shop, and got some flat patch cable replaced, along with some solder work. Again, the player came to life, but not on all CD's. When I took it back this time, it stopped playing all together. It seems to read the CD's, but will not produce a signal out. My tech has asked me to help him find a schematic diagram, so he can troubleshoot. He physically spoke to Cary direct, but they did not offer Any assistance. As far as they are concerned, the player is obsolete, and they don't support Anything towards it. I find this very arrogant, when you consider that this was an $8,000 machine, ranked among the best of the best. I get it, they don't make parts for this unit any more, but a schematic ? That is something that is in a file somewhere.

If anyone has a schematic for this Cary CD 306/200, please contact me. Also, if anyone is confident they can fix the machine, I would like to talk to you as well. I am now a couple G's deep in this player, have heard it play, and loved the sound. I don't want to abort the mission, if there is a way to save it. Else, I might sell it or trade it down the road. Many thanks in advance for your help.