Carver Raven 350 Amps

Has anyone heard these amps?
They supposedly can produce 350 watts per channel which in my opinion is remarkable for a tube amp. I have the Atma-Sphere M-60’s 3.3 and I love their tube sound.

But I am curious, Bob has made some very interesting products through the years.

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Swapped the Telefunken ECC801s pair in for the stock 12AT7s.  The improvement is larger than when I swapped the Telefunken ECC83 pair in for the stock 12AX7s.  Really happy with the sound improvements from these changes.
erichgs,

There are a lot of settings in the DEQX and it can be difficult to master. The instructions make you jump back and forth. I was just wonderin’ if you have it figured out yet. I have found that my main DIY speakers sound best without any DEQX adjustments but the sub crossover, delay and mixing with the main is valuable.

On the tubes, is it the sum of both of the Telefunken tubes or is one slot better than the other?

ozzy
I haven't tried swapping the stock 12AX7s back in, but I would have to imagine it is the sum of both.  Also, the improvement for the ECC801s was very noticeable in the highs which was too bright before.   The ECC801s did a lot more to mellow that than the ECC83 did.
I am just using the cords that came with the amplifiers. No issues, so no reason to change
I bet replacing stock PC will yield bigger improvement over tube rolling.

FYI, there are 2 types of Telefunken 12XXX tubes, ribbed and smooth plates.  ribbed plate is more neutral with higher resolution.  I always prefer ribbed plates.