Cartridge wear with clicks and pops…?

As the title says…I am looking for input about cartridge wear.

I currently have a Hana Red , which to be frank was a stretch for me financially. I love it…!

While most of the vinyl I play is in mint condition and carefully cleaned etc I do have some older vinyl , both original stuff I bought in the day ( 1970’s , but taken care of..) and original pressings from late 50’s on.

The question is.

When playing the older stuff with some clicks and pops am I “ exponentially “ increasing the wear on my Red? 
With the price part of me could rationalize buying a nice “ starter” deck and cartridge ( denon 103 type thing) to play my less pristine vinyl on.

Rational fact based opinions? 
Not anything I’m obsessing over but the thought floats though my mind occasionally so i thought I’d see what you all thought.

Thanks in advance for the thoughtful input!

zimick

@ zimick If you are concerned as a result of the idea being that the Clicks/Pops are caused by contamination in the Groove, the link gives clear description on calculating styli wear as a result of a particulate size in the Groove.

I use the manual cleaning method outlined and have become a very contented owner of Very Old and Very New Vinyl using this guidance.

PACVR-3rd-Edition

you are doing more damage to your electronics then to stylus with clicks and pops.

they present large amplitude spike on the input stages that destroys those.

@pindac - not concerned about contamination/ dirt/ gunk in the groove but by the ( perceived) added stress on the needle going over whatever is causing the clicks/ pops. 
@czarivey - I get it but I think if I had a big scratch that vinyl wouldn’t get played! 

im probably curious about something I shouldn’t be…

@zimick ,

It is not a problem at all. Cartridges wear out, cars wear out, women wear out. I'm always thinking about the next cartridge in line;-)

Czarivey, can you provide a reference to support your contention that ticks and pops destroy input stages? Seems nonsensical to me.