Cartridge Setup w/Geodisc by MoFi

Upgrading to a Benz Glider, which I consider to be a significant dollar investment; so, I want setup to be spot on. I only have a Geodisc by Mobile Fidelity. Will it give me a proper setup or do I need the services of a professional?

Thanks in advance.
rockyboy
Guys,

I'm up to the task. I have a lot of info on the subject that I can refer to. But I have to tell you, if I do this setup myself, I will always wonder if someone with more experience could have done a better job and if I'm hearing everything that the cartridge has to offer. That's just my nature.

Again, thanks for the info and tips. May come back on the forum in a few weeks, after receipt and setup and let you know how everything went.

Again, have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't do this setup yourself, you will always wonder if this "someone with more experience" did it right and if you're hearing everything that the cartridge has to offer.

Your fears and neuroses are normal - this is part of the journey. I have a feeling that even if you pay for someone to set up your table, you'll want to prove it yourself. Then you'll pull out 2 or 3 protractors and see that they don't match your current alignment. Then you'll go through the Stages of Mourning, and then go on a quest to determine the "correct" alignment and why these different protractors with identical approaches do not agree. So then you'll decide that turntable setup can't be *that* difficult, so you decide to learn how to create your own protractor. Etc...

Oh...are we talking about you or me?

Anyways, don't hesitate to reach out (either through the forum or directly) if you have questions during the process.
I agree with Nrenter. Do it yourself. If I can do it anyone can. Just follow the instructions Mark provided. And you dont neccessarily need any fancy tools. I have a TB protractor at $20 and a Shure VTF scale at $15 or so and thats about all I have needed to successfully set up decent number of carts. Could I have achieved better alignment with different tools? I have no doubt I could have, but all the carts I've installed played music just fine and in the end that's all I care about.

It seems pretty daunting at first, I know it did for me, but its really not rocket science. Just be careful and you'll be fine.