Cartridge recommendations

Just had an unfortunate accident. While putting my Shelter 501 mk 11 cartridge on a new Audiomods arm, one of the electrodes on the cartridge snapped off. Almost impossible to repair.

I've been very happy with that cartridge. Bought it second hand for $500  
off Audiogon seven yrs ago, still going strong. Can't afford a new one, but if anyone has a used one in good condition, I'd buy it. Or are there any comparably good sounding carts people would like to recommend?
houseofhits
@sunnyjim i’m not trying to insulting you or anyboby else on this forum (never), but if you leave a comment or advice something, trying to be helpful, please refer to your own experience with certain cartridges, not to the reviwers experience (who’s often got paid for review somehow). Before you will teach me good manners, It will be much more helpful to share your personal experience, don’t you think so? That’s why people ask questions here, including myself.

Apart from the stylus tip, The 103r model has different coil wire compared to 103, i hope you got the answer to your own question.

Nagaoka’s top of the line pm-50 (vintage model) and current pm-500 model are frequently mentioned in Raul’s post here (loads of personal experience), while the pm-150 is just an entry level model and can’t compete with Shelter 501 mk2 MC cartridge.
I personally love the 103. Modded either nude or in an after market body it sounds very good. My experience tells me it needs to be loaded at around 400-500 ohms and then it sings with the best of them. At 100 ohms it is a bit closed in and blah!
I have one which I came with a turntable I bought on Audiogon. I never used the turntable because I have no amp for it so I don't know how good the cart is.

pm if interested 

I have had the 103 and the 304 denons yrs ago they always performed well for there price.I as tablejockey spoke of am hot to swap my benz for the at art9 the reviews are very good .It is rare in the u.s. but available . and seems to hit well above its price range ..
good luck

@sunnyjim Please don't hold the sanctimonious, self-promoting preachings of some put you off of this fine forum. I certainly interpreted your post as a request for information.

@tablejockey  & @oleschool,  I too looked at the ART-9 before I bought the DL-301mkII.
However, I could not justify spending almost 3 times as much for my first MC. Now that I've tried one, I like them. We'll see where it goes from there. That's why I'm reading this thread. The ART-9 is definitely on my wishlist.