Cartridge Compliance Conversion

Is there a way to convert cartridge compliance numbers measured at 100Hz to the standard 10Hz? Specifically, I was interested in the Denon cartridges.

-Marc
mre2007

Showing 3 responses by mre2007

Robdoorack:

Which version of the DL-103 was tested? I was interested in the DL-130D. Also, is there a way to measure empirically the effictive mass of a tonearm, or must we trust the published specfications? For example, after a tonearm wire upgrade, it seems reasonable to think that the effective mass would change, and it would be nice to verify it. I just got finished reading the VDH treatise and got interested in this formula from a theoretical interest, but I appreciate your candor about whether or not it is all that useful.

-Marc
Psam:

The resonance frequency formula is taken from the physics equation that measures the resonance frequency for vertical motion, usually applied to spring systems in college physics textbooks. If we assume that these are similar problem domains, I would guess that the counterweight wouldn't change anything as its effects are outside of the system being considered... just a guess though ;)
yea, I'm somewhat surprised that I didn't get an answer from a self-proclaimed expert as well ;)

Anyone else what to take a crack at this one?