Cars. What does the typical audiophile drive?

Just curious. People have asked about watches,
cigars, beer, and even ones income here.

1: What do you drive (daily & weekends)?
2: What might you be driving in the future?
3: What would you drive if $$$ was no object (pick 2 ;-)?

My answers to the above:
1: Toyota truck.
2: Newer Toyota truck.
3: Lamborghini Murcielago & McLaren F1.
houndco
just traded in my '07 Acura mdx for a Honda Osyssey mini van. Damn Kids! need more space.
Funny, although i care about hi-fi quite a bit, I've gotten to the point where I rarely listen to music in the car. Yes, on a long monotonous highway drive, but in daily driving, I want to hear what's going on around me, including what the car is doing, particularly if it is a sporting type car.
And, after quite a few so-called supercars, which have evolved to the point where they are far too fast and cosseting for the street, I've become much more interested in older cars, whether vintage or simply more primitive.
Thankfully, my wife prefers a manual transmission too, so all of our cars are sticks. My list of 'dream' cars these days would include the odd, the arcane and the truly ugly, rather than the latest uber-car. I doubt it's a sign of maturity. Probably more a sign of insanity. Like this hi-fi "thing" we share.
:)
1 I walk or bike as much as possible
2 Land Rover Disco 3 (LR3) for the mountains and off road (with the stock Harman Kardon sound system)
3 a moon buggy would be nice
An Audiophiles car is an extension of his/her personality and reflects that. Me I have a Dodge Stratus chosen solely for it's pass thru trunk and cheap repair bills. I filled every thing with expanding foam, cut, hacked, reworked and tweaked what wasn't already usable. I added 10 Farads worth of caps, two 1,000 CCA batteries, and endless other little things that added up to a car that can and would win SPL comps while playing music - not bass tones. My best? 158.6 db and all the while being able to play music that keeps up with that SPL level.

My dream car is almost a clone to my Dodge, with a few changes.
1st. It has to be faster and have much more power.
2nd It must have a beautiful interior.
3rd It has to corner like a super car.
4th have room for groceries and four doors.

I'm thinking a AMG Merc or M series, but I fear I'm not the typical Audiophile.

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios