Car Audio Speakers

I know this rarely if ever pops up on Agon. But I'm in the market for speakers for my car. Anyone have any experience with high quality car audio speaker brands that can rival audiophile speakers? I'm pretty clueless. Most of my experience in car audio comes from those idiots who blast their distorted one note hip hop/rap bass at an intersection on weekend nights.
dracule1

Showing 1 response by audioguy3107

I settled on 2 pairs of Focal K2P separate components. They are/were considered decent higher end (for car I guess)speakers and have them hooked up to a 4 channel McIntosh amplifier. They sound great but I will say they're a little on the bright side. They even come with a "treble cut" switch on the crossover which I have set to the lower setting. I would have loved to demo some Dynaudio separates but couldn't find anyone in the area that had them or could demo them in a car environment. Overall I'm really happy with the sound, but you can only expect so much from a car system if you're used to systems like you see on this website.