Canton Reference Any opininion?

Any one listen to either the new Canton Ref line or the last model year of Ref speaker? Thanks
jrud

Showing 1 response by joc3021

Disclosure: I retail Canton speakers, focusing on the Reference and Vento series. Canton is one of the largest loudspeaker manufacturers in the world, they've been at it for almost 40 years and have around 40% of the German market. The technology, engineering, build quality and finish of these speakers rivals anything out there. There's a reason they've been so successful.
As a company, they are almost completely vertically integrated, i.e. they make their own dirvers, cabinets, key parts, etc. Very little "off the shelf" stuff here.
These speakers are not for the analytical/microscope ruthlessly revealing crowd. All the resolution is there, but its presented in a balanced, natural, coherent way. Very low fatigue factor with these speakers, they're one of the few that really allow you to forget about the gear and get lost in the music. I've owned a lot of speakers, at and well above the price points of the top tier Canton's. They are a more than viable alternative in the class they compete in. They deserve to be better known and more widely heard in the U.S. (which is what I'm trying to do!). FYI - Canton will be partnering with me (Departure Audio) at this years Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October. We will be demonstrating one of the Reference series models.