Can you tell the difference between a $200 and a $200,000 guitar?

Can you tell the difference between a $200, $2,000, $20,000, and $200,000 classical guitar? Direct comparison starts at 27:39.

Linky

128x128noromance

@frogman

Listeners who because they can’t hear nuances that others can, or are so predisposed to believing it is not possible to do so that they then assume it must all be bs.

@noromance

Agreed. I cannot fathom how some folks cannot compensate for YouTube etc. The musical differences rendered therein are patently obvious.

So true.

I have no problems watching YT videos, and discerning the sound of systems that are of very high quality.

It’s not as if YT makes $200K systems sound the same as a $2K system. I can still listen "around" the limitations of YT, and hear enough of a systems attributes to get a pretty good idea I am listening to a good or great system.

Well, I agree with Frog, but that player..can't play a single note really.

Clearly, as heard on youtube, $20k guitar is the best value.

The best acoustic guitar that I ever heard live was played by great flamenco guitarist Paco de Lucia. It was custom Conde Hermanos made in Spain instrument.

It had an incredible and very powerful sound.

Don't know the price, but it was years ago, so probably something like $50k maybe or less.

An interesting exercise would be presenting demos of several like things without providing the retail value of each version.  
Hard to not introduce bias when telling the viewer the $ of each one.