Can we talk about Qobuz for a minute

I use to use Spotify until i heard Tidal, and now with my Parasound Integrated amp having a pretty nice dac onboard im bypassing my Bluesound Node2’s internal dac and it sounds great.

Is Qobuz just like Tidal as to song selections and ease of use. I haven’t check pricing either.

Is there a reason some really like Qobuz sound better, without it turning into a blood bath Lol, thanx guys

kgveteran

Showing 1 response by jrw1971

I have two reactions to this thread.  (1) OP is doing something that, IMHO, more people should do: bypassing the Node 2 DAC and using it as a streamer only.  For $500 (ish), it’s a decent streamer.  (2) I question whether it’s decent enough, however, to reveal a difference between HiRez Qobuz files and Tidal’s MQA.  I’ve invested a decent chunk of money into my digital side on two systems, and I still find it a close call.  But, like others have said, I do prefer the Qobuz sound for some elusive reason.  I also have a dumb, but nonetheless real, skepticism toward MQA and its whole “compressed, but not really” approach.  But the depressing reality is that we have no control; a really good recording streamed over Tidal will always beat a so-so recording streamed over Qobuz, and vice versa.  We spend too much time and energy agonizing over gear when we should be agonizing over recordings.  Do better, music biz.  Your entire job is to help me and the rest of us .0000005 % audio-geeks get the most out of our toys.