Can we fit Dunlavy SC-VI in a samller room?

Hi Guy,

I consider to replace my SC-IV with SC-VI in a room size 13' width * 20' length * 9' Height. Can anyone here provide any recommened how to put the big speaker in to this room size or can they put?

Thanks for all comment and suggestion.
chalitr
And I third it. Great speakers, but they need a larger room than you have. You might look for a IV-A instead.
Sadly, Rives is right. I have the SC-IVa's in a 17'x30'x10' room placed on the long wall. Even for the IVa's it is recommended to be a least 10' from the speaker before all the frequencies (of the direct sound) come together spatially. My experience would say you might do all right at even 8' with only a small compromise and I have heard of them (IV's) being used in a smallish room with satisfaction. I have had to dampen and diffuse the wall behind the listening position because it is so close and I have other features in my situation (like a large opening on one end)that make it quite satisfactory.

With IVa's you just might make it in your room although it will not be ideal and you probably would need to treat the room...They are superb speakers, though, and a tremendous bargain if you can find them.

I also would dearly love to get the V's or VI's but unless I win the lottery and add on to my house it just isn't going to happen.
Thank for the comment especially Rives. The reason that I think to move on due to I saw a good deal on the SC VI. I was thinking that putting that speaker for this small room for a while (don't know when?) before moving to the other bigger room in the future. I thought that some audiophile always think in this way when they have something in his mind. Anyway, the temporary small room need to be at least very satisfy to me rather than bass boom and get boring than SC-IV.

Just a question on Rives suggestion, if I place them in the narrow room, while at the listening side have the door size 7' * 3' fully open or partial open. Is it still worth to listen to them?
The door can help with pressure loading. Opening a door can relieve that pressure. However, I've been humbled a few times expecting a door to change modes fairly dramatically and it didn't. Thus I still advise against the VI for a room with an open door.