Can the McIntoch Mc 452 and Mc462 power Martin Logan Summit X speakers

I've heard that McIntosh and Martin Logan can be a great match, but I don't understand how an amp can put out the same power (450 watts per channel) at 8, 4, and 2 ohms.  Audiogoners have recommended amps that double from 8 to 4 and again from 4 to 2 ohms if possible.  Any input will be greatly appreciated.  I know many of you will suggest other amps, especially the Magtech (which I might still buy), but please let me know about the specifics of my issue.
Best,the rustler
Ag insider logo xs@2xrustler
Hi Rustler, we corresponded a few weeks ago when you were looking for a match for your ML's. I have the ESL11A's and just received the Luxman L509X integrated that I was telling you about. Wow, I am totally smitten! My speakers never vanished so much with my ARC Ref3 and 75 combo. Can't stop spinning discs! Great match.
the 'doubleing' of power depends on the amplifier design! there's a mcintosh dealer here in whittier ca. in business since the late 50's that has mcintosh amps and martin logan speakers in their main listening room. must be a reason!