Can the Magnum Dynalab MD 108 be beat?

I hear a lot of different preferences, but I get tired of hearing this particular tuner is tops (cost no object). I was very interested to know what others might think, etc.
Are there others that may not be so expensive, that could be moded, or upgraded, that could possibly stand toe to toe with this particular tuner? Or more yet, even stock?
Just extremely curious. Actually, I did talk to Don Scott, and he did say that, some tuners, after a mod, that could, but I still would like to hear from someone else?
greggie

Showing 3 responses by ivanj

I would listen to Don. I think "the best" depends on what your requirements are and what your reception system is. Are you interested in DXing or audio performance? Do you need to separate stations that are close together in frequency and are in the same direction? FMtuner info seems to measure and come down on the side of the DXers as their first cut, and then use audio performance to judge. Or am I misreading?
Greggie- I agre with yor opinions about finding a tuner you like and then having it improved. I take it you are going with the T-14 - how would you compare the sound to the T-100? I'm especailly interested if there are other tuners Don or yourself beleive have the same "sonic signature" as the T-14 versus the T-100....I have a DAS moded T-100 with a full APS antenna setup and love it, BTW.
Greggie: Your response is cogent and paints a much better picture of the differences than most I have read. You have good taste! Thanks!