Can’t buy output tubes anywhere except from manufacturers at high prices.

I have given some thought about going the tube route for amplification but it sounds  like a risky move. None of usual online stores: Tube Store, Tube Depot or Upscale Audio have any output tube available. Are things that bad? 

hiendmmoe

FYI: B&H sells "Telefunken" tubes but they are not German made Telefunken tubes.

I asked TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik and they told me the tubes were made in partnership with JJ Factory of Slovakia.

I thought it was always common knowledge the "Telefunken Black Label" tubes were just JJ’s. Always look at the shape of the glass dome (especially on EL34, for example) -- only JJ’s have that goofy, awkward rounded dome shape.

Post removed 

We at eastendhifi I have KR Audio tubes in stock. We carry the KT88’s, the 300B tubes, as well as a 300 BXLS from KR Audio.  Yes, they are certainly not inexpensive, but they will sound better than anything out there, other than maybe Western electric, and they will last longer than the JJ tubes. you can check out what we have available at eastendhifi.com.