Can (or should) you “Reclock” a Bluesound Node?

I have one going into a pretty darn good system.

I know this could start a jitter discussion, but is there any SQ benefit in connecting the Node to a reclocking device like Wyred4Sound or Denafrips then to your outboard DAC?

the goal being to reduce jitters and feed the DAC with a purer digital signal?

I know they range from $200 to $4,000.
have always wondered if a “digital transport” feeding a dac would add value.

sure, I’m gonna listen me self, but thought to ask you guys,

ianrmack
My two cents is that it has far less to do with the source (Bluesound here i think) than with the DAC or whatever the next stage is.
A re-clock will make up for poor jitter reduction in the following DAC.  If its a great DAC with a very low jitter clock, then not.
beyond jitter you also want to keep ground noise out of the DAC/"digital" connection.  Remember the digital connection is quasi analog (magnitude is digital, time domain is analog, determined by clocking). read my blog at sonogyresearch.com.
So there are many ways to achieve this - one of the best is to have a bridge and an Ethernet connection from source --> bridge ad then isolated USB --> DAC.
Get to the basics rather than throw expensive boxes at it. They can only do, basically, these two things.
G

IndigoCard Wrote:

It depends mostly on the DAC and its implementation. I'm not familiar with your Lyngdorf, but at its price point, I would expect it to have a pretty decent DAC. I'd be surprised if the Node 2i sounded better.

Streaming from my computer to my MHDT Labs Orchid sounds much better than streaming to my BlueSound Node 2, I can tell you that.