Can I put receiver and CD player on top of my sub?

Is it ok to put my receiver, cd player, and dvd player on top of my subwoofer? It is a big sub (15" getting 200 watts), the width and depth of the cabinet are long enough to provide a solid base for the electronics. I'm just worried whether vibrations from the sub will damage my electronics. Assuming CDs and DVDs don't skip, is this safe? I would really like to do this because it would be space efficient for my bedrooom.
eighthcircuit
Make a shelf unit that straddles your sub and provides a firm base for your components above.
Chad...okay, your guilt trip worked...you are right that my response was not "helpful" and that I should just stick to answering the question. I apologize to Eighthcircuit...But my initial impression was that this question sounded like a tongue-in-cheek question...(like whether I should rub vaseline on the outer jacket of interconnects to keep moisture from penetrating), but now that I re-read it, I realize that Eighthcircuit was asking a sincere question, and deserves a meaningful response.

So, my opinion is in line with all others...that putting your amp and especially your source on top of a sub is not a good idea, because the vibrations, while not harming your equipment, will make your system sound like a common car stereo.
The above statements are wrong. If your components fit well, why not. After all it is wasted space on top of that subwoofer. Just one more thing, while playing these components leave the subwoofer off.
Chadnliz says: I think some here are not being helpful, just answer this guys question.

Like you did? :-)