Can I hook up a DCS Puccini player/preamplifier directly to an ARC GS150 ampilifier?

Do I require an intermediate preamplifier? I am driving impedance-challenged Wilson WattPuppy 7 speakers, and I am a lover of tube amplifiers.

Thanking folks in advance - Gerry
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xgerryah930

Showing 2 responses by gerryah930

I could not locate the post from phusis. However, I do have expensive XLR cables for balanced connections (Transparent brand) if that makes sense. I figure the only way to make this work is by using great connectors between the Puccini player and the GS150 - still to be tested.

Thanks - Gerry
Folkfreak-

Thank you for the feedback. I do know many who drive solid-state amplifiers directly from DACs, but I realize that I may be looking at a horse of a different color. 

Having been exposed to the arbitrary and capricious nature of the audiophile high-end marketing community, I am always trying to limit expense while increasing resolution. That being said, it is possible for me to obtain a preamplifier, I just am wary of what people say is required versus what is sufficient.

Thanks - Gerry

P.S. - Not to belabor a monotonous comparison that is often invoked, having been a purchaser of many Porsche 911s for racing over the years, a marketplace which is full of charlatans, I have to say that not only are the magazines (e.g., Stereophile, TAS) very obvious in their bias based on advertisers, but the high-end boutique stores in this domain seem prone to very aggregious sales and marketing tactics (with a very few exceptions).