Can DDC of another brand be used on Denafrips Dac?Audio GD etc

Can  a Audio-GD   DI-20HE work with Denafrips Dac Terminator Thank You in advance

jks1958

No experience with the Audio-GD  DI-20HE (it looks awesome, btw!), but I have successfully used a Holo Audio Red in DDC mode, feeding it USB to convert to I2S for a Pontus II. I have the Iris as well, and it's great, but I was curious about I2S output at 768k/24, which the Red supports. 

Both the Audio-GD and the Red have adjustable pinouts, and the Denafrips DACs also have adjustable pinouts, so I suspect you would have no problem. 

Gents,

Thanks for the responses. 

The I2S connection that the La Voce has is compatible with other Aqua gear, but not with many others.  I connected the U18 via an AES EBU cord and I can say that it is plug and play with my iMac as the source.  It has been playing for a couple of days and I am prepared to say that it might well be the best $500 I have spent on a component is a long time, right up there with my Oppo 103.  I have Don Sachs new preamp and his 300b mono blocks driving Cube Audio Jazzon speakers and the SQ is stunning and yet improved with the addition of the Gustard unit. 

A further thought.  My audio pal just got the Berkeley DDC unit and I will be keen to compare how my $500 device compares to his $2500 unit.  I imagine all these DDC devices have a high degree of efficacy.