Cambridge CXN V2 or Innuos Pulse Mini?

These two streamers popped up in a few recent threads and got me thinking about upgrading my Bluesound Node, so I would appreciate some advice.

Both are in the $1200 range which is about all I’m willing to spend on digital at this time, so I’m wondering which one I should get and will the difference in SQ be significant, or should I stay where I am for now? (My understanding is the DAC is key to good SQ, but I know zero about DAC brands/specs)

• I stream only, mostly Tidal, then SirusXM, and I am auditioning QoBuz
  • I don’t care about MQA
  • I don’t need file storage or CD ripping
  • I’m reasonably happy with the BluOS app
  • Better library / favorites management would be nice
  • Input is ethernet cable
  • Output is analogue / RCA

Thank you!

macg19

I had a Cambridge CXN and the sound quality was very good but the app was crap. I have no experience with the Innous but note that most users like their app. So unless Cambridge have made huge improvements to their app I would go with the Innous or maybe consider Aurender if any of their models are in your price range.

@soix it does help thank you

@mazian thank you

Based on the feedback I’m leaning towards adding an external DAC and staying with the BlueOS app.

I’m looking at the CA DACMagic 200 ($500) with a 60 in home trial OR the DENAFRIPS ARES 12TH anniv. ($1,100).

Which one would you get? (or neither, feel free to suggest something else)

Thanks!

Cambridge CXN is not great at all.   Bought it few years ago, used it for a week , I had to return it.  It doesn't sound great at all.  The unit is light and feel like nothing inside.   I returned it get my full refund and got the Lumin instead.   Its like night and day.   Cambridge tech support is worse !   I also tried the DacMagic 200M,  it has some buzzing noise and delay when switching from hi-res to MQA.   Their support took a week to reply me and said it is how the hardware designed and they will escalate the issue to the team.  That's all.  They didn't care.   I will never use their products again.  

Innuos and the Sense App is much better than the Blue OS app.

This is an okay starter DAC for $775.00