Cambridge Audio AXN10 experiences

Good day, has anyone had experience with the aforementioned?  I’m looking to upgrade from an older Bluesound Node for under $1000. The reviews I’ve read kind of rave about the performance/value ratio, but I’m wondering how much of an upgrade it will be. I plan to use an outboard DAC (Schiit Gungnir Multibit), so I’m not too concerned about the DAC in the Cambridge, but you never know.  I routinely switch between the Gumby and the DAC in my Yamaha CD S-2100 SCAD (ESS ES9016 chip, but the Cambridge has a newer chip). Any thoughts about alternatives under $1000 more than welcome, I have no opposition to used market. 
Much thanks in advance, 

Dave

david_principato

Showing 1 response by mahler123

I am interested in the component but haven’t heard it.  I own 2 CXN 60, and have also owned the Node.  I was considering the A10 for my basement HT system, which lacks a streamer since a Node died down there a few years ago.

Since you aren’t going to be using the DAC, the question is what advantages will the CA have over the Node as a streamer?  I can say that for the CXN 60 the images are more solid than the Node, and the CA offers Chromecast, which I really like.