Cables recommendation

Hello everyone,

I currently own 803D3, C2700 pre and MC462 amp. I also have an Oppo 105D and  Denon X4700 that power the surround speaker. I’m now in the look for cables to fire this system up the best I can but to keep the spending reasonable. I currently do not have any cables.

I’ll appreciate everyone’s opinion and suggestion on cable speakers, power cables, interconnects from 2700 to 462 and other cables I should buy to get the most out of this system. I know many have similar systems as this one and would love to hear your recommendations.

Another important thing to note is that I do not have a streamer and thought to use the Oppo for this reason (maybe connect it to DA2 DAC of the C2700?) or maybe get a Sonus streamer. 

Thanks 🙏🏼

el_it

Whatever you choose, be wary of changing them out all at once. In fact, it's best to do one component at a time, factoring in any breaking in period, etc.

Be objective and open to the possibility that a difference in sound might not necessarily mean better.

Once you find a brand you like, it's probable that its tendencies will sound the same as you expand to more components, but again be wary of jumping too far at once. Only then can you be sure you're hearing the actual cables rather than your hopes and expectations for them.

I would recommend calling Jason Ressler at The Cable Company.  He is the most knowledgeable person I have ever talked.  I like his Synergistic Research.  He will sell what you need and give you the right recommendations.

Thanks again for all the great recommendations, it is very well appreciated!

For the moment, after hearing several recommendations, I ended buying used Acoustic Zen Matrix II XLR cables to connect the C2700 to the MC462. Now onto other cables that will have good synergy with them 😅

@orgillian197 I very much agree that in order to evaluate each cable I need to change each time one of them and keep the others but since I dont have the privilege of renting cables for testing nor have other cables in my possession, I would need to get all at once and hope for the best:( That is the main issue I have and the inner fight of spending money on basic cables and then start upgrading each which can lead to even further expense or just get good and solid cables that other people had great experience with to minimize that risk. I am leaning toward the secondary.

@jetter What would be your recommendation for higher tier? 

@sns Well said. I had a chance to even hear some great speakers with bad configuration that sounded awful while much inferior models sounded much better. It all comes down to the small details.

@decooney I just got these set up so no plans in the near future to upgrade anything. The cost is already beyond my initial budget so spending even more on speakers is out of the question right now 😂

@larry5729 Thank you for your post. I did contact The Cable company but not with Jason Ressler. I was advised to get Audience Ohno or Synergistic Research Foundation but these recommendations just seems to be based on price range rather than on gear specific.

@fbgbill Thanks, I will definitely look at Morrow cables. Which power cables models of Furutech did you made for the Mc's? 

@el_it I think the thought was more related to taking your time, maybe trying a few cables on demo before spending up too much unnecessarily.  While I'm I'm a cable nut and tried far too many different cables myself - - many of my 50+ year in-audio buddies settled on mid-level cost cables from Audioquest and did just fine. Lots of good recommendations on this thread to try. Best of luck. 

@el_it 

My power cables consisted of Furutech FP-S55N cable and Furutech ACFL-50(R) IEC and 50M(R) plugs for the main power cables to my power controller and the mono amps. All others were Furutech FP-SO22n cord and Furutech FI-11-N1 (G) IEC and FI-11M-N1 (G) connectors.