Cable Management Tips and Tricks

I’ve never really came across much information on cable management.  Specifically I would like to know how to properly deal with excess cable length. Both with interconnects and power cables. I usually coil my extra length and secure with velcro. I’m not sure if this is proper, but not sure what else to do with it.  Also would love to hear any other tips people have. 
brylandgoodman

Thanks, jafant for the kind words. I have been through many cables.

My main objective is to get the best sound with my system that I can afford. Most times that means hitting the used market.

I do favor the manufacturers who think outside the norm in their design.

BTW, tomorrow I will be ...gulp...70 years old! My wife still thinks I'm sexy though, yesterday when I walked by her, I heard her comment on what an a--.

ozzy

Cable management can be challenging, but it's important for a clean and organized look. Here are some tips and tricks: use cable ties, organize cables by grouping and labeling, hide cables behind furniture, utilize cable management sleeves and boxes, and mount devices on walls to reduce clutter. With these simple tricks, you can keep your cables organized and your space looking neat.
You can also check here.

Make the cables yourself at the exact length. I have made all my power cables, dc cables, rca, ethernet cables myself. (HDMI and Toslink  are standard) Short, separated &  neat. It is not difficult at all.

Have you ever thought about how cluttered and ugly all the cords and surge protectors in your room look? It's like a total eyesore, right? But, there's a super easy way to fix it - cable management boxes. You just pop your surge protector and all the cords into the box and boom! Your room looks way cleaner and put together. Plus, it protects your surge protector from dust and all that junk. There are different sizes and styles to choose from, so you can pick one that fits your room and personal style. Trust me, it's a simple way to upgrade your space.

Two basic rules: 1.power cords and signal carrying cords as far apart as possible. 

2. Whenever neede, only cross at 90 degree angles

And if you feel randy: use RFI/EMI paper when you feel the need to separate.