Cable elevators

My Saturday hifi tweaking involved digging out the family’s box of wooden building blocks and using them to elevate my speaker cables off the floor. Previously under an area carpet on a wood floor. Mc 601s to SF Amati with Wireworld speaker cables (to be replaced with Cardas). 

The result—mind you the system is playing really well right now thanks to my new Cardas interconnects—is greater clarity (I think), sound stage, and texture. This is definitely about wringing out the last ounce of the system and maybe I’m imagining the improvement. I don’t think I’d spend any money on buying risers, but what the hell why not use the old building block. Looks dopey and the family laughs at me, but dang does the system sound amazing.

Anyone else play with risers/elevators?

w123ale

@curtdr 

How is it a big scam if it cost nothing or next to nothing and there is an actual measurable difference?

@invalid  believe what you want, do whatever you want, however you want to spend your time and attention.  if you spend your money or time or attention or all three on "risers," then of course you will "hear" a "difference" or you'd have to admit you're wasting resources

@salectric 

"Maybe if I had spent $1500 on them I would have reacted differently"

You said it!  Brilliantly stated.  You clearly well understand the subversive nature of expectation bias.

It can cost pennies to lift Cables from being directly in contact with anything.

I will take a wild guess and suggest my Lifted Speaker Cable method, took approx' 30 minutes to achieve, inclusive or searching for items I never search for, i.e Cotton Reel and  Drawing Pin.

I would say the cost incurred (Speaker Cable not Included) £00.03p.

That is the same type of cost I try and generate when buying used CD's at a Yard Sale.