Burning CDs of downloaded music

Is there a way to purchase/download individual songs and burn them to a CD while maintaining CD quality (16 bit, 44.1 kHz)?

I currently use a home theater subwoofer in my stereo.  I am considering upgrading my subwoofer.  Since my only recent reference is my stereo, I am not really sure what high quality bass should sound like.  I looked at subwoofer reviews on YouTube and unfortunately, I only own 2 songs from their playlists.  My thought was that I would like to get to know those songs from the reviews on my system so when I visit stereo shops I would have a better idea if I was hearing improvements.  I am not set up for streaming.  CDs are my only digital source and my DAC only has one SPDIF input.  If I could create my own compilation of those test songs on CD, I could understand their performance on my system and use the same CD in a stereo shop.  

If I can’t make such a CD, is there a less complicated way to figure this out?  I’m sure the stereo stores will have streaming.  But that doesn’t help me get to know these songs on my current system.  

sealegs

Showing 1 response by deep_333

I would highly recommend that you don’t cheap out/end up buying a barrel bottom drive unit.

Get this Pioneer unit...very affordable by audiophile standards (approx. 300 bucks).

Some of the features on this unit are very useful and Pioneer continues to produce the best quality PC drives.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-S13U-X