Building Watt/puppy clone

I am planing on building Wilson watt/puppy clone speaker. I now this question belongs on the DIY pages, but i was curious if somebody attempted such a project, and the expirience.
eldragon
It's not worth cloning! The Focal tweeter rings terribly in the audible frequency range, and the midwoofer's acoustic polarity is reversed to sum in phase with the other drivers (not good design practice at all). I mean, SUV's are hugely popular right now too, but they're a glutanous waste of steel and oil resources! BUILD A CLONE OF A BETTER SPEAKER WITH A BETTER TWEETER...
...and very expensive too. Tweeters are 80 apiece, 150 midrange, and 190 for woofer( i'd need four!!)Plus i cant find "ansar" inductors (uk only i asume)However Carl contact me if you will. Thanks! Eldragon
...and very expensive too. Tweeters are 80 apiece, 150 midrange, and 190 for woofer( i'd need four!!)Plus i cant find "ansar" inductors (uk only i asume)However Carl contact me if you will. Thanks! Eldragon
carl, if you had never seen the mlissa curves on the focals, ill bet you would never have heard the peak. its pretty damn high in freq and not audible 99.44% of the time and only perverted synthisizer recordings could excite it. had i never heard the w/p set up properely, playing at live levels with NO sense of strain, id think that i was in for the heil experience after reading one of your posts on the focal.. i suggest instead of building a clone, buy a used pair. or do some homework and build something original. sure, fine drivers are pricey, but henry kloss made a business of taking inexpensive drivers and using them for their attributes. maybe in the midrange where most of the music is, you should put a fine driver. and of course, the cabinet should have much integrity. pipedreams started with pvc pipe material long ago.