Building a Music Server that will play all formats

I'm a mac person but want to build a stand alone music server for my hifi that will play all my MP3 and loss less files BUT most importantly will play flac files all in one simple player. I was thinking a Dell Zino connected to a TBD DAC. Any thoughts on this plan? Thoughts on player? Media Monkey or Songbird?

System: Vandersteen 5A, Rogue 180 monoblocks, Rogue Pre, VPI Classic.

Thanks!
skaplan
Rather than buy a desktop box, why not consider a nice laptop? Simply install Foobar2000 as the DLNA Server and some of its many plug-ins and you're good to go. Foobar2000 will play back virtually every file format and it does so quite well...

-RW-
Last three months been using Mac Mini- add'd Calyx Dac, and run it with Amarra software or/and itunes. Use phone as remote- couldn't be happier -for this week anyway!
Arguably the conversion from from one lossless file type to another should be identical as long as you do not change sampling rate and bit depth. Meaning it is still hi rez. FLAC = ALAC, WAV= AIFF.
Why not buy a oppo 93 and go usb in from a hard drive. Also,why not forget about FLAC or any compression. With today's hardrive costing very little it seems unnecessary. You can get 2-3TB hard drives for $120-225. Back a few years ago when the same was not available or would have cost you $1000-1500, then it made sense. Today?....