Building a 100 album vinyl collection 3 must have albums are?

No opera or rap in the three must haves. Sorry.

128x128hbarrel

Miles Davis- Sketches of Spain

Steely Dan - Gaucho

Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman 

Good question! Great answers from folks!

Santana - Abraxas (Original on Columbia)

Dave Brubeck - Take Five (Several good pressings out there)

Vivaldi - Four Seasons, Boston Symphony w/ Seiji Ozawa conducting (Telarc)

Happy listening. 

Great choices listed, mine:

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

Flertwood Mac - Rumors

Dire Straits - S/T

honorable mention:

Eagles - The Long Run

Keep us posted and good luck

Now that you have a lot of peoples favorites or suggestions ( I gave suggestions because my favorites would not necessarily be your favorites )    you have to now consider pressings .  So here are a few thoughts from my experiences .  For rock I like Japanese and German pressing in general , the English/Great British ones can be good if you find one without a lot ot background noise  , Reprise is a good label So is London and Abbey Road .  For classical I am limited in experience to Chicago Symphony Pressings  , RCA Living Stereo , Decca/London ffrr and Mercury Presence , for Jazz Blue Note , for Folk Vanguard .

I like fidelity of the new re-releases at 45rpm as well as the double vinyl 33rpm releases ( like Dire Straits " Brothers in Arms " ) .

All of these are available within reason whereas the MOFI original and the new Ultra Disc are Ultra expensive , as are the Classic pressing ( great fidelity but so so quietness ) the same with Chesky  .

While all this is just my opinion it is some to start thinking about . 

#1 Bowie...Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars....#2Warren Zevon..Excitible Boy....#3. Jeff Beck...Truth or Beckola......Honorable Mention  CSN....Daylight Again and Karla Bonoff S/T