Budget power amp for Promethius TVC and Quad 22L

Looking for suggestions on a power amp to match TVC pre amp and Quad 22L speakers. What are the amps with atleast 100watts in the range $1000 to $1500 matches with my other equipment.Appreciate your thoughts.
vbkod
Although the Plinius SA100 mkIII averages for about $1700 used, they are a great match for TVC's with lots of gain, good impedance and the ability to drive just about any speakers.
I agree with Ngjockey about the gain issue. A TVC, or any passive device for that matter, needs an amp that is very easy to drive. If not, you will never be able to hear what it can really do. I just replace my TVC with a Lamm LL2 because my new CJ amp just wouldn't get it up with a passive. So shop careful.

Oz
Thanks for all your suggestions.

How much gain is usually considered as good for a power amp with a passive pre?

What do you think of the following amps, are they match well with a passive?

1. McCormack DNA 125, DNA 1, .5
2. Arcam P35
3. Odyssey Stratos
4. Cary CAA 1
5. Rotel RB-1070
6. NAD C252
7. Quad 909

Can you name your power amp if you are using with a passive and speakers effitiancy less than 89db.
I use an Audio Sector amplifier with 30 dB gain.My speakers are 89dB efficient. It's rare for me to go higher than 12 o'clock on the volume. Average music levels are 10 o'clock.

I have two friends who used the Odyssey amplifiers. One used it with QUAD monitors. He didn't use a TVC though. He had a matching Odyssey preamp. It sounded very nice. Sort of warm I might say.

The other used it with the Promitheus preamp and VMPS speakers. The VMPS I think are 92 dB. He didn't like this combo. He found the Marsh amplifiers to work better.

I would consider a power house tube amp like the Music Reference RM9 or one of the newer versions. It will be a match made in heaven for the TVC. Gain is something this amplifier doesn't run short on.

Good luck!
I used an RM-9 with my TVC and it worked fine. The gain is adjusable on it via a toggle switch on the top plate. I now use a TRL D-225, but that is not in your budget. Some amp specs to look for are an high input sensitivity (under 1V is preferable but you may be able to get away with 1.2V) and an input impedance of at least 50k ohms.