Bryston VS Musical Fidelity

Hi gang,

I'm looking for opinions on this. Has anyone compared
The Bryston 4BSST to the Musical Fidelity A5 power amp?
greg_lett

Showing 1 response by rob_techsupport1081

To me, Musical Fidelity gives meaning to the term ''Flavour of the month'' in Audio. Their ''Limited Edition'' way of putting out products is marketing hype aimed generating a false sense of urgency for overpriced gear. I've had a few MF units over the years. They sound OK at best but do not really engage any magic. I know its a matter of taste, but I do not like their 'Glitzy disco looks'' especially the not-so-old ''Gold and Silver'' looks. How tacky can you get? I feel Bryston is somewhat better,less flashy, but right up there with MF sonically and beats it in a few areas. I'm sure that Bryston is ''easier to live with''. The comparison with hand tools (Craftsmen and Snap-On) is totally ridiculous. Bryston should not be penalized for offering an honest warranty, and this is no judgement on their reliability record, which is excellent - just ask any Bryston owner. Ever seen MF gear in smoky nightclubs as main amplifiers ? This is the land of the fittest on reliability, and it is Brystonland.