Bricasti Model 1 Series II DAC

This DAC seems pretty interesting from both an analogue as well as digital conversion point of view:

https://bricasti.com/en/consumer/m1s2.php

I currently own a highly modded DirectStream MKI DAC, but this DAC I really want.... MSRP is around $12K....

Any opinions on this DAC?

adriaan

Showing 4 responses by duramax747

I received My Bricasti M1 Series II a few weeks ago. I'm building a dedicated room so cannot wait to listen to it. 

They had to use a larger chassis in the Series II as they needed more real estate to fit their new design in. 

I was told they will be releasing a new transport in late spring/early summer to mate with it. 

barrel chief,

Rumor on the street is 500 hours before you do any critical listen. There is a review on 10audio. 

I seem to be missing something. The M1 Series II is housed in a larger chassis from the previous version. 

If endusers are getting upgrades to the Series II upgrade level what's missing?

From Bricasti 

"The M1S2 is focused on simplicity of design and includes a host of new performance milestones including our latest MDx processor, new higher current twin linear power supplies with larger performance capacitors, all fit into a handcrafted chassis milled from solid aluminum that stands taller in size fitted with the same M1SE feet as standard."

It seems the capacitors is the reason to add vertical real estate. How is this implemented with older chassis?

I have not unpacked my M1Series II yet as I'm building a room but need to open the hood and see the caps to make sense of this.