Boulder monoblock 2150

Looking at the new Stereophile Magazine. Has anyone noticed the "32 Amp IEC Cord" on the back of the amplifier?  

N
nutty

Showing 7 responses by mapman

I’ve heard Boulder amps once, with larger very nice Avalon speakers.

It had a unique intriguing midrange detail and presence, like some ARC and VAC and Atmasphere amps I’ve heard.

My audition was short so just an initial impression.

I don’t know what they do different or better or not relating to feedback.
Agree.

It is interesting where these things can lead though....

Audiophiles tend to be well educated and a pretty level headed bunch overall I think.    Except for when it comes time to obsess over sound quality.  ;^)    Not an easy thing to find sometimes.
Its a republic technically I think. The interesting thing is that based on voting it appears parts of the country that produce less and have lower standards of living think its a good idea to empower the most wealthy individuals (Clintons not one of those) even further in government. With no clear separation to avoid conflicts of interest. Based on social media posts, some fervently propose that these people not even be questioned on their actions, that they know best what’s best for everyone because they are the king bees.

Even further the more the free media is suppressed the better in the minds of some.

Lots of warning signs for sure.

Putin is loving it and so are IS leaders and other extremeists who use all this to forward their own selfish and violent agendas.
Even seen the palace of a Russian Czar or other European King or royal? Or the penthouse of certain buildings even in NYC?

This stuff would fit in well there though if it were me I would invest in improving the acoustics of those huge echoing exotically adorned rooms first. Or better yet just build a very nice custom listening room.

I think most people like nice stuff. ALone that’s not necessarily a reliable basis for moral judgements though I think. Good taste is a good thing. At what point does it turn bad?  More to it than just what hifi one owns, right?

A good rhetorical polling question would at what point does one cross the threshold from good into bad or gaudy tastes or "extravagant"? I’d wonder what the results would be? Where would the US rank? What would different demographic groups think?