Bose 901 Series V Questions

Please no Bose bashers.

#1. Has anyone ever listened to these speakers backwards ?

( with the 8 woofers facing you )...interested in your opinion regarding sound ...good or bad ?

#2.  Can the color of the drivers be black as well as blue ?

I am running my Bose Equalizer between Amp and Preamp...Is that a good way ?

Thank you 

rocky1313

Showing 1 response by imintohifi

I have a pair of 901 IV's in a secondary system in my screen porch (the rears pointed at solid walls). I bought them cheap as the equalizer had been lost. The only music that sounded good on them was dub. I tried Nick Drake- terrible is too kind a word for the result! I bought an equalizer online- now all's fine. I have Quads in my living room, which are much better for close listening. 901's do what they're engineered to do very well- they move a huge amount of air for their size, filling the room with very spacious sound, making all recordings sound "big". They don't open a window into the inner life of the music- it's more like they demand you wallow in the gestalt of it all. Check your critical faculties at the door, partake in psychoactive substances if that's your thing, feed the system loud, impactful material & you'll be in heaven until the neighbors complain! They make me feel like a teenager again, which has its pluses and minuses.