Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

Showing 6 responses by deep_333

Don’t forget that Børresen speakers are always demoed with 150K of Ansuz cabling. And their bass and placement is really tailored to big rooms, just like the Raidhos Michael used to design. 

Friend of mine has the big Raidho on 'cheap' blue jeans cabling and it seems to sound sublime..dude has one of the nicer Esoteric dacs, however...

Bookshelf speakers are deficient in the base area. Most people I know who bought these things end up buying subwoofers. Also the drivers are too narrow, I’ve never why drivers keep getting smaller and smaller and smaller. Their marketing hype is they fit anywhere that’s not right.

They are incredibly over priced for a bookshelf. What’s so special about this cabinet. So if you buy these speakers you reimbursing them for all the marketing costs and they’re marketing efforts don’t really speak about merits of the speaker.

They are not overpriced...for a bookshelf that got the same homegrown high performance drivers trickled down from the higher end models. 

"Full range" floorstanders also need subs to sound right after they get dropped in a room. Considering the size of the Borresen driver, integrate a pair of something like the Kef Kc62 subs and you should be good to go.

haha....no, not for me thank you......When I go to a concert.....the music is not coming from behind me. Good luck to you. I spent the entire evening last night listening to my X-3’s....I can’t believe how "realistic" to the actual music these speakers are.

This is typical of what one hears in a home theater dude’s rig, of course. Since he paid for a bunch of speakers, he wants to hear em all discreetly (feel like he got his money’s worth apparently!) and whatever movie sound effects/crap he wants to pinpoint/hear.

In a properly dialed-in multichannel music rig, you would hear no speaker or know where any sound came from ...except that the music will be all inside of ya before you knew it (in your head, inside every body cavity, etc), overwhelm you/ take over to the point where the audiophile’s thinking mind and all the squirrels in his head get shut down (bam)...nothing left but the music.

I try to always think as an engineer first and audiophile second. Despite all the technical advantage listed on Borresen website, I don’t think it will justify pricing the price of half a million dollar, unless if you price it for EXCLUSIVITY.

@bmwalpina , Don't waste your breath. This forum is the biggest repository of dealers and other vested financial interests (the truth is well known, but, it shall never be spoken for the same reason). Funny enough, the guys who actually buy some of this stuff, i.e., i roll with a few of them and they sure as heck don't show up on these "sales networks". They just buy things because they can and it doesn't have anything to do with these sales guys. The latter just happens to blow a lot of hot air here because it makes them feel real special.

(IM me if you want the scoop)

I believe that todays high-end speakers are grossly overpriced in general and especially Borresen's upper tier speakers.  Although I do believe that Borresen's entry level line of speakers do represent great value for the money.  Borresen does make great sounding speakers, no doubt.       

Borresen's 100k bookshelf speaker and above are for guys who won't even look at a product unless it's priced 100k and above (i.e., market positioning, it doesn't have much to do with how it sounds).  For guys who go for sonics on a realistic budget, he trickled it down at $5.5k and above. Michael Borresen could be Andrew Jones' cousin in that regard. 

For example, Andrew Jones designed the TAD reference. Same guy released the Pioneer S1-EX (10k ish) and the large Elac Adante floorstander. Guys who have owned both would know what trickle down is all about if they put the $$$$$$ speaker and the $$$$ on high caliber electronics, i.e., gave the affordable speaker a fair chance (because the ethos applied by the engineer is the same).

@triode12 

Do you have some tangible examples, possibly expressed free of stupidly arrogant and baseless statements,  of what do you find difficult to locate on our website?

We are open to listen all suggestions and recommendations to improve on our activities, as long as expressed with respect and courtesy.

If you are not capable of that or feel yourself to be too smart for such a simple exercise, we are more than happy not to have you using our site or considering our products.

We are proud to serve an high quality level of Audiophiles, now customers and friends.

Have a good day.

A rambunctious li'l guy, you are eh? Scolding guys on a public forum when you have wares to peddle/sell could affect your sales negatively. You should simmer down and focus more on pleasing everyone/kissing A whilst in the midst of peddling your wares to the Agon crowd, comprende? 😁