Bookshelf Speakers For 350 Or Less?? new & used

Hi,

A female friend asked me to recommend some bookshelf speakers for $350 or less, but I'm not too familiar with many of those models (I've heard the Mission 731i at $200-ish, but not much else). Which used or new (perhaps manufacturer direct?) models would you folks recommend in that price range?

Her receiver / CD combo is Sony / JVC mass market stuff. She listens to a lot of classical and some acoustic-based rock/pop. Most of her listening is probably background while she's cooking or roaming the house, but she is a musician and she does *listen*.

Any info would be appreciated, including recommendations that cost less than $350.

Thanks,

Phil
phild
I have a pair of Mirage FRX-3's that cost about $350/pr new.
They sound pretty darn good for that money, especially with decent electronics behind them.
NHT Super Ones are also great for the money.
NHT Super Ones. They actually put out some really good sound for the money. I used to own a pair for my second room, and according to some of my female friends, they liked the way they looked too.
B&W DM302 used under $200, or the new DM303 which is $300 new I think. The DM303 just won the european speaker of the year award. The DM302 has been the lowest priced speaker with a Stereophile recommendation for years.