Bookshelf Recommendations

Long time, first time here. Looking to upgrade my current speakers. While I know the best way to judge is by actually LISTENING to a set-up, I've read a lot of positive reviews of the SVS Ultimas. Does anyone here have first hand experience with those or a similar bookshelf at the +/-$1k price point?

My listening space is 12 x 12, with a Carver M1.5t power amp and CJ PV-12 pre. 
128x128carerra4s
Did the whole small speaker/high quality thing as well.  Results?  Small everything...you can’t circumvent physics.  Get a well made speaker with drivers capable of delivering the emotional and physical content of your music.  Think 12” woofer etc..  I’m still dumbfounded that my experiment with the JBL 4429’s has changed my perspective on the “High End” enormously.  Short of the $20k Speakers I’ve owned (which of course required oodles of cash for ancillary equipment) the JBL’s deliver an extremely uncolored, dynamic and extended presentation.  They can put you in the club with the musicians, if you understand what I mean.  They energize a room like few audiophile speakers can and do so without one having to break the bank on the rest of the setup.  
At your price point, you might consider Axiom Audio M5HP 3-way bookshelves.  (under $1000).  They're more than adequate for your space, although could be considered "overkill".  They're reasonably sensitive (91dB/1w), but can handle lots of power if loudness matters, or if room size changes.  So may not have to upgrade for a long time...;-)I own 7 of them in HT and Stereo systems and have been very pleased with their performance.
My son bought a pair of Axioms, back in the early 2k's [don't recall the model]. They have certainly served him well.

Forgot about those...
I've been wishing I had a good friend that was looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers so that I could turn them on to these!  There is a listing in the other "audio mart in the US" (hint) for a pair of Thiel PCS bookshelf speakers.  These speakers are unbeatable for all of $900.  If I didn't already own a pair they'd be gone, but I do, and they're not.
These speakers are "world class" speakers, especially if you drive them with tubes!  I couldn't recommend these highly enough.  I've been trying to concoct a reason why I need another pair, but I can't come up with any valid reason.  So, go get them before someone else comes to their senses.