Bluetooth receivers

I am considering a bluetooth receiver, either a Musical Fidelity V90-BLU or Audioengine B1. Any thoughts on these units? I am going to use it primarily for internet radio and Spotify free. At this point I do not have a stand alone DAC nor am I in the market for one. It is my understanding both of these units have a DAC in them which would need to be good enough for now. Maybe I will invest in a better DAC in the future.
valinar

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I can't speak for the Musical Fidelity.  I had purchased the Audioengine on a lark, mainly so that I could play the occasional file from my phone or so that my kids could stream when they came over.  It resides in my main floor HT system.
   Last Spring I had bypass surgery and had to live downstairs for a couple of weeks post op.  My main source of music was streaming from my phone to the Audioengine during that time and it worked very well.  The mp 3 files sounded much better than I would have thought.
  I've since added Bluesound to my house so now I can stream my whole collection in better resolution than MP3 around the house.  The BT on the Bluesound sounds the same to me as the Audioengine, if that helps.