Bluesound Node or Audiolab 6000N

I am interested in adding a streaming source to my system.  I will use it to stream high rez music, particularly master quality from Tidal.  It will be connected to my home network via ethernet cable and to my preamp via analog output.  I have no desire for multiroom or whole house integration.

At first I had my eye on the Bluesound Node because the price point was very attractive to me.  However, the Audiolab 6000N is no discounted to $499 which puts it around $100 cheaper the the Bluesound.  Any advice on which one I sound consider?  One thing I've noticed is that the Bluesound has a higher resolution at 384khz vs 192khz for the Audiolab.  Also, an outboard DAC isn't in the plans for the near future, so which streamer has the superior built-in DAC factors into the equation.

Also, if anyone has any other recommendation on streamers in the same price range as the two mentioned above, feel free to chime in.

TIA

ftran999

Go to Safe and Sound. they have a lot of bluesound open boxes and refurbished. I love mine and am using it with my Denafrps Ares II. Great sounding combo.

I find BluOS to be the best app / computer interface, even better than Roon. It feels the most like the native Spotify/Tidal/Qobuz app.  I use the Node as a streamer into a Denafrips Aeries II which i think is a nice upgrade from the internal DAC.

I just helped a friend install his node 2.0 with the upgraded dac. He had the same concerns about form factor, dac and interface. He was also not a computer or tablet heavy user and had no streaming service at all. So, he loves the quboz interface through blu os on his tablet. The streaming is flawless, He loves the ease of listening to streaming music variety now. The form factor looks fine on top of his Mcintosh rack, Most importantly, the DAC was really quite good. A/B comparisons with the dac in his McIntosh CD player are good. So far, its simply a matter of taste and music. The McIntosh is a touch warmer in my opinion and I prefer the node Dac (closer to my system) in my brief listening sessions but it really comes down to taste. I really need to hear some live music again to re calibrate tho! An additional benefit to the blu os ecosystem is that his wife now wants a blu os speaker for the kitchen to play her playlist and radio stations....So the two systems can be in sync if need be. FYI, the dealers advice has been spot on so far. They thought the Node Dac would be better or at least as good as his McIntosh CD front end. Further steps would be to upgrade his Dac with their recommendation of a Chord Dac as his next upgrade. My bottom line the current Node is a great value and the just announced upgraded node for spring are about features that he would not use.

@tcatman  or anyone -  What Bluesound node upgrade announcements have been made for 2022 spring release? Just curious as I'm contemplating a purchase. If you have a link to the announcement, I would appreciate it.

I'm not impressed with Play-Fi and personally I will avoid it moving forward. The new Node seems like a tough act to follow and recent threads say it's onboard dac is better than ever. I'd go in that direction, thinking of picking one up for the office system.