Bluesound Node 2 vs. Node (2021)

I am currently enjoying an older Node 2 and wondering if I my sound quality might benefit from an upgrade to the new, 3rd generation, Node (2021).  My system: Network > Node 2 (via Cat5e) > Chord Qutest DAC (via Coaxial) > Hegel H190 (via analog) > Magnepan 1.7i.  I'm only using the Node's WiFi for control via the Blue OS app on a tablet.

Thoughts?

skirescue911

Showing 5 responses by skirescue911

@evank - Are you using the DAC in the new generation Node or passing the signal along an external DAC?

Thanks to everyone for the input!

@jjss49: Yes!  I have been very impressed with the Hegel H190/Maggie 1.7i' pairing.  Thanks much for the suggestions.  I do not yet have a power supply for the Chord but it's on my list.  Do you have a favorite for say under $500?  SBooster as @nwres suggests?

Also a good point about being able to utilize a USB connection between a new Node 3 and the Qutest.  Although I'd have to ditch my nice new Transparent coaxial cable.

Now the question s which to do first.

@MoonWatcher - Thanks, I think I'm coming around to the same conclusion that any improvements coming from switching to a new Node from the Node 2 would be slight, considering my current setup/use.

I don't need eARC or AirPlay.  Better response time would be nice (although I have no complaints currently) but I'm guessing the extra $s would be better spent elsewhere. 

However, I might try to audition a new Node from a local dealer just for the hell of it.