Blue Jeans Cable Sound Good???

When people say Blue Jeans cables sound good.... what are they comparing them to?

Because the pair I just got sound pretty crappy....  compared to AQ King Cobra XLR / Emotiva XLR

Not trying to troll... I'm serious. What are these being compared to? Sounds like a thick layer of distortion hanging over my speakers...
128x128gbryant
It really does seem to be system dependent. I had tried Blue Jean for interconnect and digital, changing each out in different configs to compare with my Mediabridge and another decent generic at the time. BJC elicited surprising presence, but seemed to place a veil over the tone of instruments and voices. Returned them and got Zu mission for interconnect and amplifier surgery 1.5 meter digital coax. Everything opened up, tone is now rich, more spacious, image placement, detail. Only a little brighter, which was also what I was lookin for! Don’t know why metallurgy and slight differences in construction and shielding, connectors (in this case a bit of silver in the mix), could make such an astounding difference.
They are a good value for a beginners system or something you want to listen to but for sure not critical listening .the only thing worth mentioning is their Beldon Ethernet cable is certified high band width. I use this for runs in my home ,the Audio quest Ethernet are over $100 a meter I just use from the modem to router ,and Ethernet hub to my streamer best bang for the buck .
blue jeans I have tried all their cables  so can speak  through experience they try to tell me all name brand is a waste of time 
they measured the responses. That being said if measurements 
is what counted most A vacuum tube amp,or preamp would allways fail with distortions , tubes distort with even harmonics 
easy on the ear SS odd harmonics , plus a ton more factors in design and parts quality. Yes blue jeans cable are decent. For 
a basic system, their Ehthernet Beldon Top cable good for runs 
but recommend a name brand for end junctions better refinement.
thats just my observation.

Blue Jean Cables now carries Belden Iconoclast speaker cables, RCA interconnects and XLR cables. I am currently using the SPTPC speaker cables and RCA interconnects. I have played them against speaker cables and interconnects 2-3x as much and the more expensive ones don’t compare. Check out the recent review by Audiobacon. You won’t be disappointed. 
BJC has nothing to do with Belden iconoclast except for helping retired belden-engineer assemble and expedite the super expensive cables.
BJC does believe what is presented on their website is all the performance you need, but BJC does not endorse iconoclast as an audibly superior product than what they already propose.
This is what I have read somewhere.
@drdkey thanks for posting about the article on Audiobacon.The makers of the Iconoclast readily agree that measurements can get you so far but admit that the various types of copper DO sound different from each other.They don't know why either,they all measure identically.Good article!